46 replies to this topic

#21 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

Now eruvs are a segulah too (although it's still good to be strict and not use them). See here, page 4.

Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

Demand the impossible! everyone will be free

#22 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

Just found this

I usually am not a segulah-person but at this point nothing will hurt I guess. I have a cousin seriously dating an Arab/Muslim man and will not listen to anyone persuading her to leave him. I recall Rebbitzin Heller mentioning a segulah about writing a passuk on a brick and placing it in an oven (with challah??) in regards to breaking up inter-religious romances. Anyone ever heard of this or know of such a segulah?

Although if the brick works like a pizza stone, it might be a segulah for a good bottom crust on the challah

Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

#23 Master Zed

Master Zed

Who the @#$% is Zed?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

I find a baseball bat is much more mesugal in such a situation....

You're wrong Kyle, G-d is NOT a dick! -- Eric Cartman

#24 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

Warning over crystal balls causing house fire risk

Crystal-ball_2833639b.jpg

#25 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

eBay Blessed Pidyon Haben Sugar & Garlic

"This includes a small plastic baby bottle filled with two Belgian sugar cubes, two cloves of garlic, and a plastic pacifier novelty. The sugar and garlic were blessed by a Kohen (Jewish priest) at a Pidyon Haben ceremony, a redemption of a firstborn son 30 days after the baby's birth. It is believed that anyone who partakes in the meal at a Pidyon Haben is considered to have fasted 40 fasts. Garlic and sugar are foods that are easily distributed into foods that many will partake in so these are traditional items placed on a tray that holds the baby during the ceremony."

#26 Snag

Snag

מי זה מחשיך עצה

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

I thought it was 84 fasts...
" All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind."

#27 Master Zed

Master Zed

Who the @#$% is Zed?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

I thought it was 84 fasts...

It is.... Cuz it says PidyoM= Pey Dalet Yom.....

Though there was once a Mashpia in Lubavitch that said that the "K'ilu" fasts only are mechaper for "K'ilu" aveiros like losing your temper is tantamount to A"Z etc...

#28 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

"anyone who studies the wondrous and awesome secrets written here, even one time in a year, and especially Erev Pesach, is guaranteed that he will be saved from any kind of accident or disaster or strange death for the whole of that year, and that everything that he turns his hand to will be successful!"

BTW, this website is of Berland's yeshiva, although it doesn't seem to have been updated lately

#29 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:08 AM

And, because there's no segulah that can't be used for schnorring

1240658_480866872013113_2648435356532846

#30 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

I got worried about this piece of segulah spam which said "the last 42 bottles of arak in the world!" until I read the rest, these are the last 42 bottles that contain a homeopathic quantity of a bottle of arak that the Baba Sali gave another kabbalist.

296lqtj.jpg

#31 starwolf

starwolf

curmudgeon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

I got worried about this piece of segulah spam which said "the last 42 bottles of arak in the world!" until I read the rest, these are the last 42 bottles that contain a homeopathic quantity of a bottle of arak that the Baba Sali gave another kabbalist.

Homeopathic booze? That's the holy grail! Just think, pour a drop of Arak int a bottle of water, and it all turns to arak! And you didn't get any? What the hell is wrong with you? Dayum, Warren, you missed out on the Treasure of the Sierra Madre! Or at least the treasure of the Atlas Mountains.

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#32 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Homeopathic booze? That's the holy grail! Just think, pour a drop of Arak int a bottle of water, and it all turns to arak! And you didn't get any? What the hell is wrong with you? Dayum, Warren, you missed out on the Treasure of the Sierra Madre! Or at least the treasure of the Atlas Mountains.

I think according to homeopathy, diluted blessed booze ought to protect against kabbalists ...

#33 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

keeping a piece of afikoman until next Purim

10155704_551221271660347_838369165944794

#34 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

I think according to homeopathy, diluted blessed booze ought to protect against kabbalists ...

Over Shabbat, I thought, what if diluted water cures belief in homeopathy?

#35 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

10252136_10152168886162621_5332509819940

#36 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

The Amulet Authority has hung a number of kameot around Jerusalem that deal with modern needs.  Here's one to extend battery life.

v5buk1.png

#37 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:50 AM

zos%2Bchanuka.jpg

#38 Master Zed

Master Zed

Who the @#$% is Zed?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:43 AM

Shit, I missed it :bigcry:

#39 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

Melava Malka at David's alleged Tomb is a general-purpose segulah for "yeshuot"

11157398_10153728586543496_1081350329989

#40 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:05 AM

The Segulah Pushka is the wonderful Segulah for Refuahs, Yeshuahs, Parnasah, Shidduchim, Nachas, and More

BC_Pushkah_English.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users