#321 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

Who guarantees these pronouncements?

There wasn't a muse who specialized in bad poetry, was there?

Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

Demand the impossible! everyone will be free

#322 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:23 PM

Videos showing newly religious young women tearing up their entire wardrobe have become hugely popular on social media. Some believe that thanks to this self-sacrifice, God will have mercy on the people of Israel and save them from recent wave of terror. 

From all over the internet and this twitter account - https://twitter.com/Adviceforfrumm1

If frum men were advised like women
By Rebbetzen Sandi Mann

Please dress appropriately and modestly at all times. Modesty is the mark of a man – your beauty is within. You are like a Prince, a jewel , a diamond, and just like a precious gem, we want to protect you and keep you safe.

Trouser length; some men are not aware that when they sit down their trouser leg might rise up revealing a glimpse of ankle. There are special devices you can use when you try clothes on ensure that this does not happen.

We suggest you shop with a friend who can ensure that your shirt is not too revealing or see through from the back.

Please take special care with your shirt collar; there is a fashion to undo the top button and this could inadvertently reveal a glimpse of chest hair.

Although it is halachically permitted for men to light Shabbat candles, it is not really in keeping with the dignity of the community for men to do so. We suspect too that many men who try to do this are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Similarly with baking challah. This is simply a provocative act aimed at stretching boundaries. If we let men bake challah, where will it lead? Before we know it, they will be wanting to make the cholent too.

Photos of boys (including toddlers) should not be published in newspapers or adverts. This should be the case even when they are dressed modestly as it is not deemed appropriate for women to see photos of small boys.

We urge all men to increase their adherence to modesty/tsnuit laws. The current rise in terrorism in Israel and indeed, anti-Semitism around the world is entirely due to the fact that some men are wearing revealing clothes, trousers that are too tight or have shirt sleeves rolled up too high.

Some modern men seem to be objecting to the morning bracha and complaining that they are not ‘made according to G-d’s will’ like women are. Dear gentlemen, we would like to reassure you that even though you might not be made according to G-d’s will you are just as important as women. Just because you have different roles does not mean that you are not as important. The bracha is not intended to suggest you are less equal than women just because you are not made according to His will.

Please dress appropriately when collecting your children from school. If you must drive (and we believe it is immodest for men to drive) then take care getting out of the car lest your trousers rise up and reveal an ankle. Please make sure that arms are covered to the wrist even in summer – we are seeing more and more hairy wrists on show and this is not acceptable (and probably causes terrorism). Any father not adhering to the modesty rules risks their child being removed.

In terms of family purity, please note that if you suspect that you might have wasted seed during the night, you should take your underwear to your Rebbetzen and she will ascertain its status and whether you need to visit the mikveh (this can be done anonymously or via your wife).

Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

#323 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:20 AM

A tznius sign directed at men.

6prnmf.jpg

#324 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

From the "you shall post stickers on Him" association

2djxg09.jpg

#325 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:16 AM

http://frumhangout.c...?category_id=27

Wait-

Don’t shut down just yet.

No, really, don’t.

Hear me out,

Let me say something first -

It isn’t a dress code.

Yes, your school makes a big deal out of it.

Yes, your parents are always yelling at you about it.

Yes, I know, those girls look nerdy and you like fashion.

I know. Really. I promise.

But please just listen.

Just try to put every speech out of your mind that you ever heard about tznius.

What if you gave it a chance?

You might say you’ve done that time after time.

You’ve gotten that burst of inspiration and you’ve starting warming to the idea of being someone who is dressed stylish but modest.

And then something happened.

A comment.

A smirk.

A “who does she think she is?” look.

A lack of looks from the boy next door.

And suddenly, just like that, the inspiration left.

Vanished, without a trace.

And this time, you ran the other way, completely in the opposite direction.

But now, think for a moment -

All your talk about “being your own person” and needing to “stand out” and not wanting to be “controlled” by anyone?

That’s all an excuse.

You are controlled.

By the comments, the smirks, the looks, and the lack of looks.

You are letting everyone but yourself determine how you will look, act, and be.

Is that control?

I don’t think so.

Are you still reading?

Please hear me out completely.

Darling, you think you know it all about tznius, don’t you?

You think it’s old fashioned; archaic; prehistoric.

I don’t blame you.

They’ve presented it wrong.

They’ve never heard your questions or given you answers.

Of course you resent it.

No one would blame you for not wanting anything to do with tznius.

Notice I keep saying that word you despise so much - tznius.

Why, you may ask?

Because I want you to get used to that word.

That word is not them and their mistakes in giving it over.

Tznius is beauty.

It’s nothing if not beautiful.

How?

Well, let’s talk about it.

But first you have to let go.

Don’t let them control your feelings and thoughts about it.

I understand -

You’ve been offended and hurt and misjudged and looked down at.

But let go.

Take a deep breath and just take your foot off the pedal and let go.

Ready?

Are you looking at the word with a fresh perspective?

It seems different now, no?

Now, I won’t tell you all about how you’re a princess because unless you’re from England (which you might be!) that concept is totally foreign to you.

So I’ll just tell you that you are a person.

Yes, it’s that simple.

You’re a person.

You deserve respect and love and appreciation and you deserve to have someone knowing all about you and accepting you as you are.

So, yes, tznius.

Tznius is a character trait.

It isn’t a dress code and it should never have become one.

It’s not nerdy or uncool.

It’s not for losers.

It’s for someone who is a person.

It’s for someone who wants to be seen by the world as a person.

Something inside of you is resisting what I’m saying, right?

Why is that, you’re wondering?

Because everything you have ever heard about tznius made it sound like rules, and you’re a rule-breaker.

Everything you’ve ever heard about tznius made it seem restricting, ugly, suffocating and overwhelming, right?

It isn’t all that.

Tznius is freedom.

It’s being able to let go of their opinions and be yourself - you owe that much to yourself, don’t you think?

Tznius is like wine -

It’s an acquired taste.

Funny metaphor?

Not at all.

How is it an acquired taste?

It doesn’t mean some like it, some don’t.

Acquired means it is owned by you.

Acquired means it is something one gains for oneself through action and effort.

You have to let go of their opinions first, though.

You have to view yourself as a person.

And most importantly, you have to make it yours.

Own it.

#326 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:34 AM

I can't make out the words but I'm told that this poster is trying to show how less than bulletproof stockings will not hide that there is a person inside them.  Someone wrote "Ahhh another holy man with a tights fetish" ("tights" is the British equivalent of the US "pantyhose") and I added "and a drinking problem"

w80plf.jpg

#327 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

A frummee Time Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

Don't you need to see what the leg looks like with and without the stocking to be able to come to a proper conclusion of what is tzenua or not?

'At the hearing, Judge Craig made no secret about how she viewed the lawsuit, at various points characterizing Geltzer’s positions as “ridiculous” and “absurd”.  Her opinion, while slightly more measured than her comments during oral argument, dismissed Geltzer’s claims as “based on a fundamentally flawed legal theory that is . . . at odds with common sense.” '

#328 David

David

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

Do you mean that if the leg is repulsive and does not lead to impure thoughts, that it need not be covered?

#329 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:42 PM

Haredi soldier to be court martialed for not saluting a woman

He said that his unnamed rabbi told him that "he cannot accept the authority of a woman, nor can he look at her in order to salute"

#330 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:15 AM

Belzer Rebbe Uses Harsh Terms in Reference to Women Who Don’t Dress Modestly

"The rebbe adds that women who are outside dressed unacceptably must be viewed as ‘chayos and beheimos’ that move about without clothing."

#331 Snag

Snag

מי זה מחשיך עצה

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:33 PM

Belzer Rebbe Uses Harsh Terms in Reference to Women Who Don’t Dress Modestly

"The rebbe adds that women who are outside dressed unacceptably must be viewed as ‘chayos and beheimos’ that move about without clothing."

Chayos and beheimos? So a כוי? If we shecht thme, we cover their blood without a brocho?
" All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind."

#332 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:44 AM

Society for Indecency to Naked Animals

25336.jpg

#333 David

David

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:25 PM

I try to be tolerant here, but is it appropriate to post a picture of an animal wearing loud, eye-catching underwear? That seems rather un-tznius.

#334 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:05 PM

Purim-Project-5776-WEB-1.jpg

#335 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:53 AM

Kikar Hashabbat (in Hebrew) reports that the Eidah Hacharedit is considering a boycott of Toys-R-Us if it stops separating toys by gender.

#336 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:47 AM

esn9m8.jpg

I found this at Opinions Without Salvation

#337 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:21 AM

r9oht2.jpg

#338 David

David

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:05 AM

The anthropomorphic fish, with eyebrows and hair, are cool. I wish I could draw like that.

#339 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:21 AM

The image which started this thread is now being circulated with a caption claiming "Concept of HIJAB is present in every religion"

headscarf_princesses_by_nayzak-d46flar.j
ictfex.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users