886 replies to this topic

#881 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:37 AM

I'm behind on posting photos, here are photos from this month.

It was pretty quiet, a lot of people were afraid to visit the old city, the only opposition I saw was Santa Claus who yelled the Shir Shel Yom (El Nekamot ...) across the mechitza.  Someone from the minyan nearby (which might be the same one which usually has someone shrieking as an expression of enthusiasm, although he wasn't around this month) asked him to stop but he ignored him. Here's a blog piece about that, WOW Kotel First: Yeshiva Bocher Shuts Down a Rant.  It's in my photos, too.

To make life easier on the police, who had other concerns this month, WoW did not attempt to smuggle a Torah into the Ezrat Nashim.  They said that there were some hecklers on their side but I didn't see that.

I also got a screenshot of my phone offering to connect to a wifi network named Rav_hakotel but I didn't know the password.

https://www.facebook...95528495&type=1

Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

Demand the impossible! everyone will be free

#882 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:12 AM

Haredi MK compares Women of the Wall to Islamist 'Murabitat'

MK Eichler (UTJ) unleashes firestorm when he compares Women of the Wall to Islamist 'screamers' on Temple Mount.

(seems to me the people who scream or blow whistles are more similar but that's just me ...)

Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

Demand the impossible! everyone will be free

#883 Snag

Snag

מי זה מחשיך עצה

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

Does their proposed birchos kohanos not anger their sincere members?
" All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind."

#884 Indigo

Indigo

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,723 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:41 PM

I think it does, but they've had their own internal squabbles and breakaway group.
This might be a certain faction asserting itself to feel relevant.

#885 Master Zed

Master Zed

Who the @#$% is Zed?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:57 PM

Yeah this pretty much throws any credibility they have left right out the window, and proves that the concerns of the frummies, that the whole WOW was just a front and a Trojan horse to get Reform in the back door were hardly unfounded...

I don't know about Kohonos but they certainly have Cojones....

You're wrong Kyle, G-d is NOT a dick! -- Eric Cartman

#886 David

David

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:53 PM

This first-ever Birkat Kohanot in the women’s section of the Western Wall is supported by the Susan Bay Nimoy and Leonard Nimoy Estate. Leonard Nimoy, z”l, grew up in South Boston where he attended synagogue with his grandfather and experienced the priestly blessing on Shabbat morning. He is best known for his role as Spock (half-human, half-Vulcan) in Star Trek. Leonard Nimoy employed the ancient symbol of the Priestly Blessing as the Vulcan sign, making it an integral part of his character as Mr. Spock. He took something precious from antiquity and brought it to the “future.” His benediction, “Live Long and Prosper,” takes one of the best messages from the Jewish faith and transforms it into a universal message of peace, purpose and prosperity.

http://womenofthewal...e-at-the-kotel/

The obvious response is an attack by protesters in Klingon costumes.

#887 Master Zed

Master Zed

Who the @#$% is Zed?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

Yeah and Leonard Nimoy also made a photo book of nekked chix wearing Tefillin. I don't really think his opinion counts for much... At least SHE was h0tt unlike the hags for the wall...

You're wrong Kyle, G-d is NOT a dick! -- Eric Cartman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users