4 replies to this topic

#1 pumpkin spice

pumpkin spice

High on Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

did you know cashews grew out of cashew apples?  this is completely new information to.

#2 egomaniac

egomaniac

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

So cool!
If the only way we can sell our children Torah is by forbidding everything else, then we are bankrupt. -R Shlomo Freifeld

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Before donning the vestments of zealotry one should ascertain the exact facts. - Indigo

Judaism...making me feel more like a supermodel every day... - aseeker

#3 Reverse Karma

Reverse Karma

Hi Mom !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I recently found out that kasha is a seed, not a grain, and is related to the rhubarb.

"You people are freaks." Milton

"It should be assur to hold onto a pole on the subway, because it might lead to pole dancing." Warren

"Clearly one should wash and say hamotzi on bread before partaking of Peanut M&Ms." Bezalel

"Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and your country's flag in your pants. Isnt' that how the saying goes?"
Mustache_Marvin

"I think frummies should videotape sex with their wives and send them to the rabbis for a ruling if they are doing anything inappropriate." Indigo

#4 Indigo

Indigo

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,723 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

It is neither buck nor wheat

#5 Master Zed

Master Zed

Who the @#$% is Zed?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

I once heard in the name of a Rav that since Cashews are not really a fruit they should be shehakol not heitz... But I'm not entirely sure what he based that on, or how good his knowledge of botany is...

You're wrong Kyle, G-d is NOT a dick! -- Eric Cartman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users