• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Xi'le

Xi'le

-->

• Administrators
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

What has been your experience with Chabad Houses? Are there any ones in particular that you'd recommend? At the ones you've been to, were the participants mostly regulars / in-towners or guests?

#2 Moshi

Moshi

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

I've been to Chabad houses in lots of places, from Anchorage to Venice. They are quite different from each other -- some charge you for meals, for example. The one in Venice is probably the strangest of them all with all the Yechi stuff and the ton of Israelis - Chabad and not, but they fed us and were nice to us so I appreciate that.

#3 politico

politico

Click-Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

The one in Charlottesville, VA rocks.
OTD ברוך שעשני

#4 Snag

Snag

מי זה מחשיך עצה

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

I've been to a bunch, some great, an some less so. If you'd like recommendations PM me. The crowd varies depending on the specific chabad house.
" All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind."

#5 egomaniac

egomaniac

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

I've been to a bunch, some great, an some less so. If you'd like recommendations PM me. The crowd varies depending on the specific chabad house.

YOU?!?
If the only way we can sell our children Torah is by forbidding everything else, then we are bankrupt. -R Shlomo Freifeld

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Before donning the vestments of zealotry one should ascertain the exact facts. - Indigo

Judaism...making me feel more like a supermodel every day... - aseeker

#6 Snag

Snag

מי זה מחשיך עצה

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

YOU?!?

Mais oui. How can one be a snag if one knows nothing of the other side? :)
" All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind."

#7 egomaniac

egomaniac

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Mais oui. How can one be a snag if one knows nothing of the other side? :)

I hear that, but "a bunch"?!? Im horrified
If the only way we can sell our children Torah is by forbidding everything else, then we are bankrupt. -R Shlomo Freifeld

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Before donning the vestments of zealotry one should ascertain the exact facts. - Indigo

#8 Snag

Snag

מי זה מחשיך עצה

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

I hear that, but "a bunch"?!? Im horrified

Extensive research. When we sit down for that drink someday, I have a lot to tell you... :)

#9 short

short

Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Snag, are you well-traveled or was it particularly Chabad Houses you were visiting?

#10 egomaniac

egomaniac

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Extensive research. When we sit down for that drink someday, I have a lot to tell you... :)

Im eagerly waiting....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chabad, lubavitch, chabad house, travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users