#81 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

Controversial Rabbi: 'Unkosher Knives' Behind 'Stabbing Plague'

He blames the wave of attacks in Israel, many involving knives, on shochtim using not sharp enough knives.

Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

Demand the impossible! everyone will be free

#82 politico

politico

Click-Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:37 PM

Better shochtim than mohalim.

OTD ברוך שעשני

#83 Master Zed

Master Zed

Who the @#$% is Zed?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:26 PM

2hd62o1.jpg

You're wrong Kyle, G-d is NOT a dick! -- Eric Cartman

#84 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:13 AM

הרב טאו: פיגועי הדקירה בגלל העלייה להר הבית Translation: R Tau: the stabbing attacks are because of people ascending the Temple Mount

Now it doesn't see to me that he's making a political argument that the attacks are a response to the Temple Mount situation (something one could agree or disagree with, but that wouldn't put it here.   This thread is only for supernatural cause-and-effect, not the regular kind.).

But he starts with the Gay Pride Parade in Jerusalem, which he claims insults "normal families" and this leads to a breakdown of the boundary between the sanctity of the TM and of other places.   And this diminishes our honor and makes teenagers no longer to fear soldiers.  

Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

#85 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:18 AM

Christian Pastor slams Paris victims: ‘If you attend a death metal concert, you deserve to get killed’

Note: despite its name, the band doesn't play death metal.

#86 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:18 AM

Rav Yitzchak Zilberstein Says Women Should Not Drive As It ‘Compromises Tzniyus’

As we prepare to mark the shloshim for the victims of the Egged 402 bus accident that claimed six lives, HaGaon HaRav Yitzchak Zilberstein, Rav of the Ramat Elchanan neighborhood of Bnei Brak speaks to the tzibur. The accident hit the chareidi tzibur particularly hard.

During a talk in beis medrash, Rav Zilberstein explained he has been approached by many people seeking an explanation that resulted in such tragedy for so many families.

Rabbi Zilberstein quotes the kuntres Rachmei HaRav from HaGaon HaRav Shmuel Halevy Wosner ZT”L, in which Rav Wosner writes women should not get a drivers license. He explains that while this is somewhat commonplace today, it is not advised for the actual process of obtaining the license results in compromising her modesty as does actual driving of a vehicle by a woman for this exposes her to sites in the streets and marketplace.

“וליבי אומר לי שהוא אחד הגורמים של האסונות הגדולים שנעשים בדרכים בארץ ישראל המפילים כל כך חללים והרגו כבר טובים וצדיקים וזה מצורף לכל העבירות הנעשים בדרכים שמולידים המחבלים שמסכנים הדרכים”.

The kuntres adds “My heart tells me this is one of the causes of major catastrophes on the roadways of Eretz Yisrael that claim so many lives including many fine people, tzaddikim, and this coupled with the many [traffic] aveiros that made the roadways so dangerous”.

Rabbi Zilberstein adds as Posek Hador, Rav Wosner is giving piskei halacha from Shomayim and this is one of the causes that so many good people are killed.

He adds Rav Wosner in some exceptional cases permitted women to drive, for example a sick child in one’s home and a child with special needs that requires transportation to and from an institution but these exceptions were rare.

#87 Snag

Snag

מי זה מחשיך עצה

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:44 AM

So the women on the bus, who may or may not have licenses, are being punished for the sins of the ones driving. Ad dlo yada!
" All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind."

#88 Indigo

Indigo

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,723 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:53 AM

yeah, at least if one of the drivers were a woman

#89 Master Zed

Master Zed

Who the @#$% is Zed?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:59 PM

Forget about Hashkafah, not letting women drive is flat out Pikuach Nefesh. Sakanta Chamira M'Issurah.....

#90 Noesis

Noesis

Researcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:31 AM

He adds Rav Wosner in some exceptional cases permitted women to drive, for example a sick child in one’s home and a child with special needs that requires transportation to and from an institution but these exceptions were rare.

Because of course people who are not permitted to drive on a regular basis and therefore do not acquire the skills that experienced drivers have are the perfect people to drive sick children to the hospital.

#91 Master Zed

Master Zed

Who the @#$% is Zed?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:49 PM

I saw a news story the other day about a TV falling on a kid and killing them. I was waiting for the Rabbis to chime in, but didn't hear anything :(

#92 Snag

Snag

מי זה מחשיך עצה

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,041 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

Ooh, ooh, I know this one! It's because of peiah nochrit!
" All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind."

#93 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:33 PM

Nice and the 9th of Tammuz

#94 Reverse Karma

Reverse Karma

Hi Mom !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

I just ... can't.

"You people are freaks." Milton

"It should be assur to hold onto a pole on the subway, because it might lead to pole dancing." Warren

"Clearly one should wash and say hamotzi on bread before partaking of Peanut M&Ms." Bezalel

"Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and your country's flag in your pants. Isnt' that how the saying goes?"
Mustache_Marvin

"I think frummies should videotape sex with their wives and send them to the rabbis for a ruling if they are doing anything inappropriate." Indigo

#95 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

Rav Mazuz: Chillul Shabbos Caused Parking Garage Tragedy

also why the rocket carrying the Amos 6 satellite blew up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users