13 replies to this topic

#1 Indigo

Indigo

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,723 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 03:52 PM

Assuming that to be true given his bizarre assertions about Holicaust victims and other statements divorced from reality,
How do we explain
1. His very wide following
2. His followers, like followers of R Meir Kahane, are extremely vocal in their support, and abusive of his detrators and actively missionize in their promotion of R Mizrachi.

What is going on here?

#2 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:34 AM

Petition: Demand from torahanytime.com to remove Yosef Mizrachi's shiurim

Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

Demand the impossible! everyone will be free

#3 Master Zed

Master Zed

Who the @#$% is Zed?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

It can be summed up by the following verse: "A Frenk is a Krenk".... Next topic....

You're wrong Kyle, G-d is NOT a dick! -- Eric Cartman

#4 Moshi

Moshi

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

Right, the question isn't about Mizrachi it's about his followers. Who are these people?? Where do they come from? Are there really thousands of them?

I don't think comparisons with Kahane or the Rebbe are apt, yeah they were also charismatic and have a zealous following, but they represent distinct ideologies and movements... I don't think Mizrachi represents anything at all?? Seems to be a pure personality cult.

#5 politico

politico

Click-Vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:30 PM

I don't think comparisons with Kahane or the Rebbe are apt, yeah they were also charismatic and have a zealous following, but they represent distinct ideologies and movements... I don't think Mizrachi represents anything at all?? Seems to be a pure personality cult.

What about Trump?

OTD ברוך שעשני

#6 Moshi

Moshi

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

or Marc Gafni.

#7 Indigo

Indigo

Dean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,723 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:49 PM

Right, the question isn't about Mizrachi it's about his followers. Who are these people?? Where do they come from? Are there really thousands of them?

Yes the question is about his followers. The viciousness of the language of their attacks against his critics is just astounding.
My only explanation is that he has two thousand sock pockets or he is paying people to defend him online. I can't think of any other explanation.

#8 David

David

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:37 PM

Most people are idiots. For example: http://www.snopes.co...facebook-photo/

#9 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:03 PM

Not that I necessarily agree with anything Hamodia writes, but if the haredi press has taken notice of previous kiruv clowns I haven't seen it.  Either they never came to their attention or they don't mind when they are their sort of nutty.

The Holy Six Million; Exposing a Web of Falsehood

The Novominsker Rebbe (he's the head of US Aguda which owns Hamodia so this is probably a real quote) is quoted there as saying.

“I condemn in the strongest terms possible the outrageous claim that fewer than a million halachic Jews were killed in the Holocaust. This claim is demonstrably false, profoundly offensive and extremely hurtful. It is an affront to the Six Million Kedoshim, precious, holy, Jewish souls whose lives were snuffed out by the sonei Yisroel. Minimizing the degree of the terrible destruction of Churban Europa, in a most morally irresponsible manner, does a grave disservice to truth, and only gives enemies of Klal Yisrael ammunition for their lies.”

• Dan is maskim
Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

#10 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:56 AM

The plural of anecdote is not data and all, but I noticed one blogger (from my Messianic folder) who supports both Kahane and Mizrachi.

#11 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:07 AM

Not that I necessarily agree with anything Hamodia writes ...

And the same goes for Berel Wein.

Meanwhile Harry Maryles apologized for his earlier criticism of Mizrachi (Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi's Holocaust Mistake) in Reassessing Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi "I admit my error. My description of Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi has fallen short. I had no clue that this fellow was such an arrogant fool." and links to seven Mizrachi videos he objects to for tznius excess, saying that people born with impairments (mamzerut or blindness) deserved it (previous lives) and deserve no sympathy, criticizing holocaust victims for dressing immodestly on the way to the gas chambers, comparing non-virgin women to open bottles of coke, and mental health misinformation.

#12 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:05 AM

I watched the coke bottle video.  It's part of a channel containing mostly short excerpts of Mizrachi's full videos which I rarely watch due to the length. It also has the "Less than a million Jews killed in the Holocaust" from another channel.

Of course it's possible that they've been edited maliciously, but unless they cut out "the following was said to me by some idiot" before and after it ends he argues against it, I can't imagine any other acceptable context.

In case you're too lazy to watch the video, I've typed the subtitles.  I don't know if these come from the original video or were added but as I type them I'll check for inaccuracies. [there were some small mistakes]

... that now she is considered a defective product.  Why did God create virginity for women, merely for beauty?  No good reason?  He just felt like it?  It's so everyone should know: this is a perfect girl and this is [a] defective girl.  This one has full value, and this one lost half its [her] value.  Why is that?  It's like if you buy now a bottle of Coke.  When you open the cap, why did they make it with a seal?  So that you know if they opened the bottle before you or not.  If they didn't open it, you pay $2 for the bottle.  If they opened it, it's not even worth 10 cent.  Maybe they put poison inside.  Who knows what kind of impurity [the Hebrew is tumah] this bottle contains.  The moment a women [woman] became a used product, her value, according to God's will, unbelievably drops.  Also because there is no demand.  I've told you.

#13 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

Here's one in English where he disputes the idea that Israel soldiers who are killed during their service automatically enter Olam Haba. I don't really care about that, but what I find hilarious is that he argues against it not by logic or from sources, but from a story about a seance at which a dead soldier said he was "in a very bad place".

#14 warren

warren

click vegetable

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:24 AM

Guess which candidate Mizrachi supports.

Also, Snopes not only gives the story about a chassid changing Trump's tire, and Trump pays off his mortgage "probably false" (the same story has been circulating for decades about different famous people) but in the version Snopes has, the driver isn't Jewish..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users